Tuesday 8 September 2009

MYOG Trekking Poles Update


I played about a bit with various methods of attaching grip straps the easiest was to use a ladder lock buckle and a dog clip. It's not an elegant solution and unfortunately added to the weight, the poles now weigh 383g pair. It illustrates how good the commercial poles that I mentioned are, they're much more versatile being length adjustable and I would guess are stronger. Really the only thing I can take comfort from is that I saved £60 - £80 plus I recycled something but I'm pretty sure if I had the cash to spare and saw a set of Khola Evo's I'd buy them.

2 comments:

  1. If you don't get this leg of yours sorted soon Richard, pretty much everything you own will be tweaked, modified or altered in some way! :)
    Mike fae Dundee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just found a rose jointed track control arm which I think I might be able to use if I can just get this kneecap off in one piece ;-)

    ReplyDelete