Monday 15 December 2008

Gone Retro

I was messing about yesterday and decided to unearth my XC skis. They've been hanging in the loft for a few years so I gave them a bit of a clean, dug out my boots and gave them a little polish. I don't think they've been used in about 10 years, maybe we'll get enough snow this year to give them a run out.



I bought this little lot from Colin and Karen at Braemar Nordic Ski Center (Braemar Mountain Sports)while on a course,they were selling out of a wooden shed at the back of the bunkhouse then. I remember Colin demonstrating an MSR XGK, I was still using a Trangia 27 at the time but I went on to buy an MSR Whisperlite Int.

I still have the sales catalogue from back then, a few A4 pages with a list of prices, looking at the current range there have certainly been a few changes.

Gro-nell Telemark Boots





The Bunkhouse/Cottage at Braemar Nordic Ski Center as it was then.

No comments:

Post a Comment